How To Design Names with Webscribe Hieroglyphs
- Grab your mouse, it's one of the modern scribe's writing tools.
- Drag the letters to create names. Any image with the move cursor is dragable. [Point at it to see the cursor image change.]
- Arrange the glyphs in snug blocks, not all spread out.
- Scroll down to find other design elements:
- cartouche—place the cartouche(s) first and then add the glyphs
- Egyptian design strips—put them where you like
- You can push unwanted design elements off the screen
- Arrange the letters in grouped blocks when possible.
- Be creative. Sometimes ancient scribes would put letters slightly out of order in the interests of design or space constrictions.
- Change the papyrus background to white background and back to papyrus background with the button choices.
Add a Cartouche
Either click the add cartouche button or scroll down and drag a cartouche to wherever you want it. Add the cartouche first and then drag your hieroglyphs onto it.
If you move the cartouche after the glyphs are inside, then you can't move the glyphs. Either move the cartouche and put the letters back on it or start over by clearing the screen.
To clear the screen and start over use the page reload function in the browser or the start over button:
- "reload" or "refresh" on the View menu or button bar
- or Shift-R on the keyboard.
- or the start over button
You cannot save the arrangement except to print it or make a screen grab of it.
| how to design | how to print | spelling tips | Close window |
Copyright © 2003 Nile Muse Webscribe all rights reserved.